Friday, May 28, 2010

Dimensioning

This is part 4


(part one is somewhere at the bottom)

I spend a lot of time trying to get something to work in Civil yesterday. I tried to get the bridge to show up in a section view. It worked a couple of times but not the way I wanted. Projecting solids on a section view has some mysteries left for me to solve. In the end I got a bit frustrated with the tool. It suddenly dawned upon me that the bridge is made of solids so the regular sectionplane tool in from Autocad can be used....

How about I manually put the section it creates under the sectionview from civil.

Rather empty sectionview of a pier. 
Sectionview with an Autocad section underneath.There is trouble in paradise. But that might have to do with my knowledge of civil.

















But this might be fixable if I set the frequency to a smaller distance or it has to do with my tinkering in revit with the super elevation
At the moment it is of by:
Distance = 0.0061,  Angle in XY Plane = 299g,  Angle from XY Plane = 0g
Delta X = -0.0001,  Delta Y = -0.0061,   Delta Z = 0.0000

I''ll leave it for the moment. I am going to check on that snappoint I assumed earlier. Because I have this nagging feeling I made a wrong assumption.are some more things wrong. I took both files to navisworks and I saw the following. The piers are correctly lined out but the height is off. The odd thing is that it is a round number. That makes me curious.


Next image you see Revit and Civil next to each other. Notice that the shape of the piers are of.
It's not good that the measurements are off but the fact that the piers are in the exact same position makes me happy for the moment. What doesn't make me happy is the fact I spend a lot of time trying to get the parameters to match to find out now there is still an error. 

here you see the bridgemodel open in both applications they have both read the same rxd file and it's not good yet. More later my laptop is tired and I need a beer. That's it for today.


1 comment:

  1. Please allow me transfer language and share topic
    ________________________________
    Dạy Revit Tốt Nhất

    ReplyDelete